Sunday 8 April 2007

Happy Easter

Today is Easter Sunday, and none of us went to church. I dont think I have missed church at Easter ever before, excepting if I was working. At least my excuse was that I worked last night. Not sure what mom and dads was! Had a fairly good weekend so far. Thursday was bad at work again, but not nearly as bad as Wednesday, so that is at least something!
On Friday I woke up late, and then had a very relaxing day, writing letters, and sorting stuff out. I was supposed to make some cards, but never got around to it. I did manage to do all of Brendas chores like the hamster and budgie cage. After the state of the hamster cage I have decided she had better buy me a big present in Mauritius. I phoned Brenda in the afternoon and she seemed to be having quite a good time. They went to Gold Reef City on Thursday and she says she went on the Anaconda and hurt her neck. She said she didnt really like all the rides as they were too scary!
Yesterday she phoned me at 5:30 to say that she was on her way to the airport. They flew out at 0900 and that was the last I heard from her. I am a bit annoyed at Dayle as they promised they would phone when they got there, and they havent. So really I have no idea if they are in Mauritius or in the bottom of the Indian Ocean. I guess we would have heard if there was a crash though. In the morning I went to the Essenwood Market with Gill, Darryl and Megan and Jonathan. Didnt land up spending too long there as the weather wasnt great. After that I went and collected my cell-phone. The sad part is that it is still not working properly and I ended up taking it back today. I came home and slept for a bit and then went to work last night. It was just Busi, Marlene and I but we had a good night. Still got 2 of the terrible parents, but I have great hope that they will go home today, so tomorrow should be okay.
This morning I slept for a bit, and then got up and went to the mall. I went to lunch at Maxis with the folks, and then ended up spending way too much in the scrapbook shop! When I came home I finished Marlenes one card, then started my next scrapbook page, and finished Brendas B. Now I am waiting for the glue to dry before I finish my page.
I am feeling a little bad because I havent got Brenda and easter eggs. I hope that Dayle got her some. I just thought that I will not be with her until a week after Easter, and she will be having so much fun in Mauritius so what is the point? I did get her an Easter biscuit making kit, so that may be a consolation.
Not looking forward to work this week. I guess it can only get better. We have got a ward meeting on Tuesday and that should be interesting to see what debbie has to say. I know that I have got a few things to talk about. I think Debbie has planned it badly as it is her first day back after nearly 2 weeks off the ward. I am sure she, Gill and Viloshni have all got loads of things to sort out, as well as the fact that so far there is no second sister, which means that I cant reeally go to the meeting anyway. Hopefully we wont have too many patients though.

No comments: