Sunday 10 April 2011

Readathon hour 12 + mid-event meme

Mid-Event Survey:


1. What are you reading right now?
Lord of the Rings - The two towers by J.R.R. Tolkien

2. How many books have you read so far?
I have completed 1 book, but read bits out of 2 others.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Well, I would have said The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (late addition to my reading pile), but my mother has abducted it. So, I will go with The Messiah Code by Michael Cordy

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I had asked my parents to have my daughter, but at the last minute they didnt, so I persuaded her to do the readathon too. She has now gone to bed

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Apart from daughter spilling chicken all over the bed and having to change and wash all the linen, no. I did stop for dinner and fell asleep at 1 stage.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That I am actually still here.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I would go to bed later the night before, so that I sleep in longer in the morning. Or, have more of a nap just before the readathon starts
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Since it is now 1am here, I am a bit. I did fall asleep unintentially between 11 and 12 and may have another nap a bit later.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Not really


Progress so far:
Title of book(s) read since last update:

The Two towers by J.R.R Tolkien

Number of books read since you started: 3 read, 1 finished

Pages read since last update: 42
Running total of pages read since you started: 413

Amount of time spent reading since last update: 60
Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!)

467

Mini-challenges completed:

Where In the World Are You Reading?

Oldies but Goldies

Collabarative Fiction
Mid-event meme
Bookclub suggestions
Other participants you’ve visited:

3 blogs and reading twitter

Prize you’ve won:

None so far!


P.S The time on some of my posts has been a bit off. I have posted some from my phone so it seems to be giving the wrong time.



No comments: