I have been really busy and not had a chance to take part in this the last few weeks. I do enjoy it though as it does give you lots of ideas for books to read.
Books I have finished within the last week or so:
- The Horse and his boy by C.S Lewis. I read this for a read a long and loved it. Review is here
- The Fellowship of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien. Also for a read along, I am actually finished ahead of time, miracles will never cease. Review here
- An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon. May or may not get reviewed since it is not for a challenge. This is the latest one in the Jamie Fraser series and once again I absolutely loved it. Even though these are not really action novels there is something going on on every page and she keeps you hooked right to the end. The ending of this one was a real cliffhanger, and of course now I have to wait for the next one.
- Bodyguard by Suzanne Brockman - review to follow. I thought this was just another love story but it is really more like a mystery with some action and romance thrown in. I loved the hero who is a real diamond in the rough. This was a nice light read
Reading this week:
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - also for a read-along
- Lessons in Heartbreak by Cathy Kelly
- Towers of midnight by Robert Jordan
- Ancestral Vices by Tom Sharpe (I have actually mislaid this book although it has to be at home or work, but it will therefore stay half read until I find it, lol. Is that reason enough to get a Kindle?)
For more reading inspiration pop over to Sheila's blog