Sunday 27 March 2011

Bodyguard by Suzanne Brockman

Harry O'Dell is a loose cannon FBI agent whose son and ex-wife were killed in a hit by a mob boss. He has virtually divorced himself from what remains of his family. Allessandra Lamonts soon to be exhusband is killed and then she is threatened by a mob-boss that if she does not find the money he stole she will be killed. She finds the money, but the nightmare doesn't end.
What follows is an adventure and a journey to healing for both of them.
What I liked:
  • I loved the hero, Harry. He was normal and not the typical stuck up FBI agent that you see usually
  • I loved that both Harry and Allesandra were not what they seemed to be and that you saw little changes in both of them throughout the book.
  • I enjoyed the secondary story lines as well, and that there were strong characters who all had their own story line going
  • There were quite a few twists in this book, which kept me guessing right the way through
What I didn't like
  • that George (one of the secondary characters) story line wasnt really tied up. This may be the start of another book?
  • the ending was a little too neat and cheesy for me
  • It wasn't quite as fast paced as I would have liked it to be
Would I read it again: Probably not
Will I try other books by this author: Yes

No comments: