Monday 18 January 2010

It's Monday, what are you reading?

I knew that the moment I went back to work I would find reading harder and it has happened. Just dont get enough time to read now. I did manage to finish two books for the week though, and if I continue like that I will make my 100. Do have some extras already, which will be good since I have registered for my next 2 modules, so wont get as much time then either.
The two I managed to read this week were:
English Passengers by Matthew Kneale. I loved this book, but found it to be slow reading and a little confusing with all the different narrators. It really had a little bit of everything, drama, comedy, history and I found it thoroughly enjoyable. Although the book was a bit slow it really came down to quite a nailbiting finale. I would definitely read more from this author.
This year it will be different by Maeve Binchy I love Maeve Binchy, but am not really into short stories. So although I did enjoy them, I dont really feel that I was able to get my teeth into this book. A nice, light read though.

I have now started Second Glance by Jodi Picoult, and then have Remember me by Sophia Kinsella and World Without end by Ken Follett. I am sure that will keep me busy for the coming week!

2 comments:

Cat said...

The Ken Follet will definitely keep you busy.:)

Hope you have have a great reading week!

Anonymous said...

I dearly love Jodi Picoult's work. Hope this one is as good as I think it is. :)

Have fun this week reading!