Tuesday 12 January 2010

First day of school tomorrow..................

Well, the holidays are over, and Brenda is back at school tomorrow. This holiday was only 4 weeks as the kids are getting 5 weeks in July. As a result we didnt really get much done besides Christmas, New Year etc. What have I been doing for the last two evenings? Marking stationery! Felt like hundreds of pens, pencils, crayons, kokis, roll ups, pencil crayons, books, file and the list goes on and on. I have boxes of broken pastels at home and every year end up buying new. We do donate the old ones to underpriviledged schools, but still, surely there should be a limit. The school is always asking for paper for recycling and her previous school was always telling the kids how many trees they saved with the paper sent, but what about all the pencils, and half used books. How does that impact our environment? Why does one child need so much stationery I hear you ask? Absolutely no idea, but what the teachers ask for is what the teachers get! Otherwise, "Mommy, my teacher will shout at me if I dont have it!" Only another 7 years to go, by that time we will be able to fill a tip! And not to mention, made myself nearly bankrupt!

2 comments:

joyh82 said...

Wait until college and they have to buy books, wow, that is what we are dealing with now. What a racket.

Cal said...

Hi Tracey,
I saw your post on the Year of Blogging forum and thought I'd pop over top say Hello!!