Monday 20 August 2007

Fantasy dream job

Something else I got from another site, what is your fantasy dream job? Well, mine is something that I always wanted to do when I was growing up. From the time I was 7 I wanted to be an archaelogist. I always wanted to learn about what had happened in the past, the more ancient the better. I was given an encyclopaedia of the bible, and used to spend hours pouring over the pictures and stories of what life was like in those days. I was fascinated by ancient Egypt, and mummies. There is a mummy in Durban Museum and that used to be my favourite part of the museum (still is, in fact) History was always my favourite subject at school. I used to fantasize about being out in the desert somewhere digging up ancient treasures. I was also fascinated by the story of Pompey, and used to love looking at my mums photos of when she visited. I am not sure what made me turn away from it, and go into nursing instead. Well, I know why I chose nursing but not what made me turn away from archaeology. Knowing what I know now I would definitely go for it. I am not unhappy with the way that my life turned out, and especially the fact that if I hadnt gone nursing I would have missed out on some wonderful friends, and most especially would probably never have had Brenda! I wouldnt miss out on her for the world. But, there is a part of me that will always wish that I had followed my dreams! As for whether I would take it up now, I would love to, but for now I dont think it would be practical. Brenda would have to give up school and go to work, lol, if I did that. Who knows, maybe I will win the lottery and start travelling all the digs in the world.............

No comments: