Tuesday 24 April 2012

Spring into Horror readathon updates

Day 5/6
Just about to go to bed, so I will do a combined day 5/6 post. I have not had as much time to read as I would like, but I have read much more than I did during the week. Having a teenager a lot of my time is spent ferrying her around rather than doing what I want to!
Pages read since last update: 245 (The Bones of Avalon)
Pages read in total: 473
Books finished so far: 0

I am thoroughly enjoying The Bones of Avalon, but it doesnt look like I will get to finish it.




Day 4
Today was not too good again, however tomorrow is a holiday, so I should get to read much more!
Pages read today: 55 (The Bones of Avalon)
Pages read in total: 228

I have not had a chance to do any mini-challenge, but hopefully will tomorrow. I am however, also trying to study, so not too sure.

Day 2/3
I didn't get a chance last night to update, so will do a combined update for day 2 & 3.
Pages read since last update: 128 (108 of The fires of Heaven and around 20 of Sarum. I say around because I appear to have mislaid the book! It is somewhere around the house, but since we have just had our cupboards/carpet replaced it is a bit chaotic around here)
Pages read in total: 173
Books finished today: 0
Books finished in total: 0

In other news, I popped to the bookshop today and picked up The Bones of Avalon by Phil Rickman, so that will be my scary book.
To Bob if you read this, I couldnt work out how to send you a message. I absolutely love Phil Rickman, he is one of my favourite scary authors. I love that there is always a bit of history thrown in. I have read all of his books, and would especially recommend the earlier ones like December, Curfew or The man in the moss. The newer ones are still good, but a bit less of the supernatural in them.

Day 1
Didn't get too much read last night at all! Life was just too busy, and I doubt that tonight will be any better. We do, however have a long weekend coming up :-)
Pages read today: 45 (The fires of Heaven)
Books finished today: 0

2 comments:

Deepali said...

I Had no idea there were themed readathons!! :D or any other readathon, actually :)

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Just checking in with you, Tracy. Hope you're enjoying the week. I'm going to look into Phil Rickman. I'm a big horror fan, but I don't think I've ever read him. Thanks for mentioning his books!