Monday 23 April 2012

Spring into Horror Readathon Start up post

I found this readathon last night when posting on a few other blogs after the 24 hour readathon. I am amazed that I havent seen it before now because I have done a few other readathons with Michelle. Anyway, I decided to join in because my reading challenge needs a bit of a boost! I have, however not got any horrors on my reading pile at the moment, so will have to sort that out! I did want to go to the library today to get something, but I left work at 16:40, still had to get to the shops and it was pouring with rain.
Anyway, here is my current reading pile picture:






I found this readathon last night when posting on a few other blogs after the 24 hour readathon. I am amazed that I havent seen it before now because I have done a few other readathons with Michelle. Anyway, I decided to join in because my reading challenge needs a bit of a boost! I have, however not got any horrors on my reading pile at the moment, so will have to sort that out! I did want to go to the library today to get something, but I left work at 16:40, still had to get to the shops and it was pouring with rain.




Anyway, here is my current reading pile picture:
Well, that was what it looked like prior to the readathon! 3 of those are gone. That is besides another bag of books which I have not even taken out the packet! As you can see I have plenty to keep me busy.

Having said that, my goals for the week are:

Scary books:
Have a couple of ideas for this:
a) Get something from bookclub tomorrow night, I know we have a few in the pile
b) Go to the library on Wednesday and get an Anne Rice, which I have been wanting to try for ages
c) Reread my Phil Rickman's (also wanted to do this for a while)

Other books:
  • get halfway through The fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan
  • Finish Sarum by Edward Rutherford
Of course my other goal, as always at this time of year is to get some studying done each day too :-(

So, here's to a good reading week

3 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I'm so glad that you were able to join me again, Tracy! Just for future reference, my read-a-thons are seasonal (according to U.S. seasons) so Spring is April, Summer is July, Fall is October, and Winter is January. This way, you can always kind of be on the look out for my next one. =O)

Good luck picking your scary title. Anne Rice is always a good choice. Have you read any of hers yet, because I have and I can recommend the good ones to you.

I love Edward Rutherford! I actually started Sarum and then had to put it aside so will probably have to start at beginning again or skim to refresh my memory. I loved his book, London.

Have fun reading this week. And again, so glad you're joining us again!

Unknown said...

New follower creeping by on the Spring into Horror Read-a-Thon.

Even if you don't get a chance to do a Phil Rickman re-read, I'd be interested in hearing your favourite of his. He's been on my TBR shelf for a while but I haven't come across many people who've read him.

Julie said...

I just joined in on this one today; luckily, I already had a gothic mystery in the lineup, so I didn't have to shuffle through the TBR piles! Good luck and have fun!