Sunday 22 April 2012

Dewey's 24hour readathon final update post

I had a few things to do after the readathon was over, so only got a chance to do this now. I thoroughly enjoyed this readathon, and cant wait for the next one :-( However, I must say that I am ready for an early night now.

Final reading achieved:

Pages read since last update: 202 (Bored of the rings)
Pages read in total: 967
Books finished since last update: 1 (Bored of the rings)
Books finished in total: 3
Time read since last update: 2 hrs 30mins (gave up when I finished my 3rd book!)
Time read in total: 13hr20minutes

There is also an end of event meme to fill in, so here goes:

1.Which hour was most daunting for you? Definitely hour 9-10 which was late evening for me, I was really tired by that time and only stayed up to finish the book I was reading. I also battled in the last hour, just didnt feel like I could read anymore.


2.Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? - No real book names, but just anything that is quick, and lighthearted, and maybe funny. I also think a James Patterson may be good, since he has such quick, short chapters that it is easy to see progress.

3.Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? - Love it the way it is

4.What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? - Not sure why, but I felt it was less frantic than last time and this seemed to make it easier for me. Thinking back though, maybe that was my attitude, lol. Also, the cheerleaders were great this time around, and the twitter chat which I mainly read.

5.How many books did you read? - Finished 3, read a little bit of a 4th

6.What were the names of the books you read? - The Sandalwood Tree, The Sacred Cut and Bored of the Rings were the three I finished. Also read a little bit of Sarum by Edward Rutherford

7.Which book did you enjoy most? - They all so different so it was hard to say, and I really enjoyed them all.

8.Which did you enjoy least? - See above

9.If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? - NA

10.How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? - will definitely participate again. The October one is awkward for me due to exams, but if I can't read I will definitely take the time to cheer.



1 comment:

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

Yes, definitely need an early bedtime tonight! You did a great job! Hope you get some rest! ;)