Saturday 21 April 2012

Deweys 24hour readathon hour 1

Ok, so once again I am going to do this one. I missed the last due to exams, but this one is a more convenient time for me. So, for the next 24 hours I will be reading as much as I can! I have quite a few books on my readathon pile.



The three books on the small pile are what I am actually reading at the moment.
  • Sarum by Edward Rutherford (starting book)
  • The fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan
  • The Sandalwood tree by Elle Newmark
I, unfortunately am on a strictish eating plan, so no crisps and pizzas for me. However, I have compromised with some other yummy goodies. I will post a picture of my snacks some time!

Over on Dewey's blog there is a little questionnaire to fill out, basically introducting yourself. Here are my answers.

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? - Durban, South Africa


2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?- Bored of the Rings, a spoof on THe Lord of the rings

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? – my cappucino sachets and my salad

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! – I am a single mother of 1 who will probably read a bit too.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I am not having as many junk food snacks, going for things that will give me longer lasting energy! Hope to read for longer




So, here goes, wish me luck!



2 comments:

Aneeqah said...

Good luck today!! Eating healthier snacks is a much better idea than eating junk food, because it's definitely going to help you stay awake! I think I'm going to be trying that today. =) Don't be afraid to take any breaks, because those will help you feel more refreshed, and it'll make your reading go much better and faster. Good luck, and have a blast today!

-Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life [Team Puck!]

Deepali said...

Yay a robert jordan book in your readathon - how exciting, I love that series :)


Dee, cheering for Team Puck from e-Volving Books