Sunday 1 May 2011

Spring Serenity Readathon Wrap up post and mini-challenge


I just havent had much time to do regular updates on this readathon, however, I have managed to do a fair amount of reading. Not as much as I could have, but a decent amount.
Reading done:
175 pages of Mothers Day by Kirsty Scott (book completed)
560 pages of Zambesi by Tony Park (book completed
58 pages of Jane Eyre
266 pages of The silver chair by C.S. Lewis (book completed)
442 pages of Too good to be true by Sheila O'Flanagan (book completed)
300 pages of The way we were by Marcia Willett (book completed)
8 pages of The Solitude of Emperors by David Davidar

Total: 1809 pages
Books completed: 5

So far that means that I have read 43 books this year and according to goodreads am 10 books ahead YAY! I wont be doing too much in May since I seriously need to study, so being ahead is good.

Michelle also has a mini-challenge going where you have to take the first sentence from a few books and make a paragraph. I thought this would be quite fun, so here is mine:

 They are the invisible ones, the ones who are too small, wealk, poor or slow to escape the onrush of history.There was no possibility of taking a walk that day. It was a dull autumn day and Jill Pole was crying behind the gym. To the west.A dead place.
Sentence 1 - The solitude of emperors.
Sentence 2 - Jane Eyre
Sentence 3 - The silver chair
Sentence 4 - The way we were
Sentence 5 - Zambesi

I am amazed that it actually makes a bit of sense.
 

1 comment:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

You did a great job, Tracy! I'm impressed and to be ahead on your Goodreads goal...that's great! I'm still behind on mine, of course. So glad that you joined me for the read-a-thon and I hope you had fun. My next seasonal read-a-thon will be in July, probably later in the month. Hope you will consider joining me again. =O)