Thursday 17 February 2011

Fire Ice by Clive Cussler

I really enjoy Clive Cusslers books and this was no disappointment. Kurt Austin loosely teams up with an ex-KGB officer to prevent a Russian megalomaniac from attempting to destroy America and thus take over the world. As always there is action, a bit of history, suspense, lots of thrilling scenes, underwater exploration and a little bit of romance (or perhaps that should be lust lol) The scenes move from Russia, the Black Sea, Turkey, the Maine Coast and Washington DC so really something to satisfy everyone.
What I liked: I just love the fast pace of these novels. I like how there are the same characters each time with a few new ones thrown in for luck. I loved the scenes in the Russian submarine base as well as the scene where Dr. Jenkins saves the coast from a Tsunami. I also liked how two old enemies put aside their differences to work together for the common good. Also, how the author keeps you guessing as to whether they are working together or whether there is one of them that is not being honest, but that may be my own sceptical nature, lol.
What I didn't like: Not much
Would I read it agian? Yes
Would I read other books by the same author? Have read numerous books by this author

No comments: