Saturday 31 July 2010

July down already

Wow, this month flew past and whew was it busy. It started off with a short trip down to Hankey for the first week to stay with my dads family. My dad and Brenda drove down for 2 weeks but I got the bus down a week later. For those of you who dont know, Hankey is a small town about an hour away from Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape. I really had a good time, but not sure how relaxing it was since the week was really busy. My gran was also very ill, so it was very sad. I will do a more detailed post with more pictures on this, but need to get my computer sorted out.
When I returned to work I had a group for the first two weeks and our college graduation last Friday, so when I wasnt lecturing I was practicing my speech! It went off very well and thankfully is over for another year. Brenda had 5 weeks of holiday due to the soccer World Cup, but has been back to school for 2 weeks now and has 4 projects to do, including 1 to make a bridge which will hold a brick! She wants to build Tower Bridge! No easy jobs for my daughter, lol. She sprained her ankle this week and so is in a splint for a few weeks. She is up and about and I even caught her running this morning, although she hotly denied it and said she was just hopping, lol, but I am wiser than that!
The world cup went off well here in Durban and their was a really amazing vibe here, I loved going down to the beachfront at this time. Brenda also enjoyed all the kiddies things. It wasnt nearly as crowded and horrible as I thought it would be, and the fan fest was an experience! The only downside was the traffic on match days.
I will try and be a more prolific poster as I know I do have the odd person who checks here!

No comments: