Sunday 6 January 2008

10 today!







Today is Brenda's 10th birthday. I can't quite believe that my baby is 10 years old. When I look at her, I still see that tiny little baby that I brought home! It is amazing how time flies so quickly! We had a lovely day today. Went to buddy Bear in the morning for Brenda's first trip there. This is the first Buddy Bear shop that has opened in Durban and she has been dying to go for ages. Of course, for days before hand we have had a running discussion as to what sort of animal to choose and eventually we chose a cat which Brenda called Sarah. She used a voucher and drew some money out of her account to buy extra clothes.
After that we went to the Spur for lunch where she spent most of her time playing on the trampoline and not with us. Dayle bought her an MP3 player, so she was very excited and we spent a while downloading songs for that.
Only 9 days left of the holiday and then we will be at the start of the school year. Brenda is looking forward to her new school, but I am not sure if she is aware of the big difference to Junior Primary. I hope it is not too much of a shock to her system! I dont think she will be that impressed about the amount of work! We are basically organised just a couple more things to get, which I must get tomorrow so we can relax for the rest of the holiday.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Happy Birthday!

Becca
Momma to Ella